sur les accessories

sur les accessories

Beitragvon yaya2017 » Fr 13. Okt 2017, 09:15

rmenegildo Zegna is an Italian fashion house best known for the quality of its men’s suits. But earlier this year, when Zegna unveiled its first see-now, buy-now product on the runway during Milan Fashion Week, it was a pair of high-top leather trainers, costing approximately Dh3,300.The trainer has carved a place for itself at the very highest echelons of luxury menswear, www.rojomaatwerk.nl simultaneously cementing its status as a bona fide Adidas Superstar Dámské černé collector’s item. And while labels such as Lanvin, Givenchy, Valentino and Balenciaga have all jumped on the bandwagon, these high-fashion offerings don’t really get to the heart of the urban-footwear movement, which centres on creativity, innovation and collaboration.Gucci’s Ace trainer, which features the brand’s signature stripes and a snake, bee or lion appliqué, may be one of this year’s It shoes. But what attracts true sneaker connoisseurs is not your mass-market footwear, readily available at every luxury department store. Instead, shoes designed by athletic brands in collaboration with seasoned creatives, and produced in limited quantities, are what prompt sneaker enthusiasts to fly across the world for their next pair.That’s exactly what Algerian sneaker collector Yaseen Benchouche once did, just to get his hands on the Nike Air VaporMax Femme limited-edition Nike Air Max 180 Cowboy Sole Collectors. Benchouche began collecting trainers in 1995, and today owns between 500 and 600 pairs. In 2006, he flew from Paris to Miami and stood third in a queue of hundreds outside Niketown. Rules were strict – you could leave your place in the queue to quickly use the bathroom or grab a bite to eat, but if you were gone for longer than an hour, you’d lose your spot. “When I told people I had travelled from France, they said: ‘Nah, you liar.’ Then I pulled out my passport and plane ticket, and they said I was the craziest person, because I had come all the way for one pair of shoes,” recalls Benchouche.

Avid collectors will go to extreme lengths and queue up for hours – sometimes days – to buy limited-edition shoes. “Some Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink people find it crazy that we would camp out in the cold in London Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 Damen overnight just to get a pair of sneakers,” says Abu Dhabi-based collector Jack Brett, aka Jackson, who moved to the UAE from London in 2009. He explains that his ongoing hunt for cool sneakers can dictate his holiday plans.“Choosing which stores, sneakers or streetwear cultures I want to see, has a massive impact on where I travel. I can’t remember the last holiday I actually went on that didn’t involve going to see a certain store,” he says. “Japan is still number one on my list.”Streetwear culture in Japan is what inspired the concept of the shoe collector’s consignment store, says Benchouche. One of his friends, Damany Weir, brought the concept to the United States when he launched Flight Club – which is one of the world’s most popular marketplaces for trainers. Adidas ZX 700 Damen Benchouche took the concept to Europe, where he worked under the Nike Air Huarache Damen collector’s pseudonym Epsi, and launched Wall Kicks Paris, before relocating to Algeria and opening a store called Sneaker City.Some of the most valuable sneakers currently available at Flight Club are the Air Jordan 3 Retro Grateful shoes, which are listed at Dh92,000; the Nike Air Yeezy 2 shoes in Red October, for Dh22,050; and Adidas Ultra Boost Miami Hurricanes, at Dh14,700. Buyers can pay upfront or through monthly instalments over one year.The consignment store model is successful because it’s where “sneakerheads” can both stock and seek hard-to-find styles. But not all collectors are sneakerheads, claims Joshua Cox, who, along with Kris Balerite, Hussain Moloobhoy and Raj Malhotra, founded Sole DXB, an urban Nike Air Pegasus 83 Femme footwear, fashion and lifestyle event held annually Adidas Superstar Dames Roze in Dubai.

“A collector may have an extensive collection and elements Adidas ZX 750 Damen of the culture they like – but isn’t necessarily ingrained in the lifestyle,” says Cox. “A sneakerhead lives and breathes every single aspect of sneakers. They will stand in line for hours waiting for the latest drop, scour the internet endlessly looking for a pair they couldn’t get their hands on, and connect with other like-minded ‘heads’ within the community to get the latest scoop on trading values. Simply put, a sneakerhead is a diehard enthusiast, who appreciates good design and will stop at nothing for rare finds.”But what do collectors actually do with their trainers, especially when they have hundreds? Do they put them on display in a showroom, never to be worn, or do they actually wear them? “If Nike Air Max 2017 Dam you’re someone who has to consider that question, then Adidas Superstar Femme Bleu you’re probably going to want to buy two of everything,” says Sole DXB’s Balerite. Benchouche agrees. “Real sneaker collectors always buy two to three pairs [of one design],” he says. “Always double-double – wear one, and keep the other to resell.”It takes a great deal of financial investment, as well as a fair bit of networking, to become a collector of sneakers – even if one’s motives are purely personal. “
yaya2017

Zurück zu Tipps & Tricks